The Missouri History Museum wants your undies! But before you jump out of your chairs and get ready to send them your Handerpants, Undercaps, World’s Largest Underpants, or start chasing down squirrels to get their Squirrel Underpants, please read further:
The museum is planning a major exhibit on the evolution of women’s underwear and needs the public’s help to round out its collection of old-fashioned and modern unmentionables. The “Underneath It All” exhibit is slated to open July 1.
Curators are understandably picky about what they’ll take, and the museum’s underwear interests tend toward the antique and the exotic — like 19th century corsets and inflatable brassieres. But they also are looking for good examples of more everyday items of more recent vintage — like padded panties, 1980s shoulder pads and a Wonderbra or two.
The goal is to chart the course of American women, industry and consumer culture through the lens of lingerie, said Shannon Meyer, a senior curator who is organizing the exhibit.
So that’s the skinny. If you’ve got some awesome old-timey or contemporary ladies’ unmentionables to contribute, please send them to this address: Missouri History Museum, 5700 Lindell Boulevard, Saint Louis, MO 63112.
- eyriechou likes this
- symphonian likes this
- lostsock likes this
- notasnort reblogged this from archiemcphee
- parkerlewiscanlose reblogged this from archiemcphee
- theotakuofeverything likes this
- awesomethingsaregoodforyou likes this
- awesomethingsaregoodforyou reblogged this from fantasistass
- hookersorcake likes this
- scifitwin reblogged this from archiemcphee and added:
- theshiverinmybones reblogged this from archiemcphee
- byct reblogged this from archiemcphee
- v0dka-rain reblogged this from archiemcphee
- fl345 likes this
- mochiameya likes this
- fantasistass reblogged this from archiemcphee
- battlecriesandbananas likes this
- curlifro likes this
- jedimike1128 likes this
- wierdofreakxp14 reblogged this from archiemcphee
- archiemcphee posted this